Click on the photo to head to 2nd Cup of Coffee and join up!
1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? I really don't care for Mexican food so no faves for me.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? Procrastinate is my middle name. I always waited until the last minute. In fact, I still remember a paper I had to write for a writing class in high school. It was 50% of my grade for that quarter. I didn't even BEGIN to type it (it was over 30 pages long if I remember correctly) until 10pm the night before it was due! This was before word processing on computers. I had an electric typewriter. I fell asleep while typing it. If I had taken the time to do it correctly, I would have ended up with an A, but my "proofreading" grade was so low I think I just managed to squeak out a B. Which is probably why I never put in a lot of effort in school.
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? "Thrift Store" or "Yard Sale" I have never bought anything for my home at a home furnishing store. Oh wait - yes I did. I bought my computer desk at Staples and my mattress and box springs at a bed store. Other than that - pretty much all we own came from those first two places.
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? Eh...not really. But we always had them since we qualified for "free lunch."
5. Is religion a crutch? Nope. It's a relationship with God. And it's pretty amazing too - especially when you listen and learn from him.
6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? Soccer and maybe football. I went to a high school that didn't have football (still doesn't as far as I know) so soccer, basketball, and baseball were the big sports for boys. Girls played field hockey, basketball, and softball. I played basketball all through high school. I'd much rather watch soccer any day.
7. Do you consider yourself rich? Monetarily? No. In life - very much so.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
All of the above. I'd be best at the Heimlich Maneuver, okay at CPR (makes you feel good right?), and dismal at changing a flat, but I could do it.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Again, all of the above. I love swing and when it had a resurgence some time ago I really wanted to take lessons. I think that would be the most fun to learn. The rest would just be fun.
10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? Telling my boys their grandmother died. And following that - telling my husband our dog died while he was gone for a weekend. Neither was all that fun.
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics. Cliques don't end in college. And many times it's not "what" you knew but "who" you knew that got you to where you wanted to be.
12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song? I typically have a soundtrack going in my head, but right now it's pretty quiet.