Friday, November 19, 2010

I Just Need Something To Do

Home of the best worksheets and printable activities on the web

There has been many times as a homeschooling Mom I just needed a page or two to keep the boys occupied while I was working with one of their brothers. Or I needed a page to reinforce something we were already learning in our school day.Or I needed fun coloring sheets to keep a toddler occupied while I taught the boys.  Recently I was given the chance to check out KB Teachers which had all that and more.

Members of the TOS Homeschool Crew were given a free two year membership ($49) in order to poke around the site and see what was what. KB Teacher does have a 30 day free trial (that's one of my favorite words by the way). Don't let that stop you though, a lot of their content is available completely free of charge. See! There's that word again - FREE!

Obviously the Premium membership allows for more worksheets and content to be accessed. A one year membership is $29 and again includes the 30 day free trial.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I will tell you that I have had paid memberships on other similar websites (worksheet based) where I would go and search and search and search for something that would work for what I needed. It could take an hour or more to find just the write thing that fit. KB Teacher feels that "a well-designed website" should make it easy enough to find what you are looking for in three clicks. Three clicks! However, they even have an out just in case you are looking for something unique. Just e-mail them and they will get back to within 24-48 hours with what you need. 

While I agree with this concept in theory, I will say that I miss not having a "search" box. That was probably my only negative about the website.  It wasn't a true issue and it didn't stop me from finding what I needed, but I'm so used to having a search feature that it was a bit hard to get around at first. 

One of the features that I used a lot was the math worksheet generator. It was very quick and easy and my answer key printed right out with the math page. I love their seasonal pages as well. They have a really great turkey coloring page up right now. So cute!

I simply can't even begin to get in to all the content they have available. I was thrilled to see all of their astronomy pages as that is what we are studying this year in science. It will tie in perfectly and help me reinforce what we are learning each week. 

This site isn't just for preschool and lower elementary aged children either. In fact, I used a lot of this with my 14 year old to help reinforce some learning. There are a lot of upper elementary/middle school level pages in the Social Studies area as well as the Grammar and Writing

If you'd like to see more of how other TOS Crew Members used KBTeacher during their homeschooling over the last few weeks, be sure to check out the Crew blog



Disclaimer: I was not paid for this review. All opinions shared are my own. TOS Crew Members are given the product free of charge in exchange for our unbiased opinion of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?