I'm not sure how to explain what it is I'm doing. I know there are a number of things in my life I have to get worked out or this journey I'm attempting won't work. As anyone who has ever had weight issues (over or under) it is a battle. One you must fight daily. Sometimes you win the battle and sometimes you don't. However, you have to take it day-by-day and that is what I'm attempting to do.
This week hasn't been great but it hasn't been horrid either. Here are last week's goals:
- Continue drinking tea and water (and the occasional "Fuse" or "Vitamin Water"). Obtained but more on this in this coming weeks goals.
- Bed by 11pm five out of seven nights. An utter failure. This needs to become my focus this week. I'm struggling to get seven hours of sleep a night. I know that it's not good. I also know that I will start getting migraines if I continue this way. I'm not prone to headaches as a rule but when I was in the hospital for a week after giving birth to my third son (who spent that week as a resident of the NICU), I discovered that lack of sleep brought on horrid headaches. So far that hasn't happened and/or I've been able to stave them off with over-the-counter meds.
- Exercise 20-30 mins 4-5 days a week. Log 10 miles worth of exercise weekly. Again, without the sleep I have no extra energy to expend. I spend my day just trying to function and care for my boys. This goes hand-in-hand with the above goal.
- Increase my fruits & veggies (3 servings/day) Again - not happening. Although, the fact that I haven't gone grocery shopping in over two weeks could be a slight contributing factor. I typically shop weekly.
- Visit 20 "Hot" blogs this coming week and leave comments to encourage. Sorry all - didn't happen either.
So this week I am paring this down to the three most important goals to me right now....
- Stay off the DMD! (Yes, I had some over the course of the last two weeks - from Thanksgiving until today. I used to drink six or more a day and in the last 10 days I've had four total. Still not great as I can see how easy it would be to slip back in to the habit.)
- Sleep! Get to sleep! Must be in bed by 11pm every night. I may not be asleep, but I must be in bed. Less chance of letting other things keep me up way past midnight.
- Exercise - need to get moving!
I will report that my "tight" jeans were looser this week. I'm showing a couple pound weight loss. Although, that really isn't my focus right now. I'm trying to get good habits in place in order to start focusing on my food and weight loss.
Thanks to all those who continue to support my efforts to get healthy. My hubby & I made a pact this year to be "Fit by 40." Considering I just turned 39 this week, I only have a year left to reach this goal. Here's a great day!