Monday, October 3, 2011

{Challenge} Week #2 Update


Anyone who watches The Biggest Loser knows that week two on the ranch is the hardest for the contestants. Their bodies have adjusted some to their new food and exercise regiment and they don't drop as much weight as they wanted.

I found week two to be my hardest as well for various reasons.

I was frustrated with my eating and exercising. On Wednesday as I was (ironically enough) headed to my Bible study that has a weight loss focus, I felt like throwing in the towel - just quitting completely. I just felt like when I got there I was going to quit the study (it's a 40 minute drive one-way) and just live my life the best I could. I was frustrated with no visible success. What was the point? Needless to say I was at a low point. 

Then God spoke. This song came on the radio....


Maybe tomorrow we'll start over
Maybe tomorrow I will finally change my ways
Said the same things yesterday
Don't know why I'm so afraid
To let you in
To let you win
To let you have all of me

Can't spend my whole life wastin'
Everything I know I've been given
'Cause you've made for so much more than
Sittin' on the side lines
I don't wanna look back and wonder
If good enough could've been better

Everyday's a day to start over
So, why am I waiting for tomorrow


Needless to say, the Lord got my attention.

I arrived at my study and it was fantastic - just what a needed to hear. The encouragement - as always - was fantastic. So much so that instead of trying to make every other week, I'll be aiming for weekly.

One thing had me rethinking weekly study was that one of my Zumba classes fell at the same time. I arrived home to find out classes on most Wednesday had been moved two hours later. Enough so that I can now do both - maybe not easily - but definitely doable.

The next morning I also decided to take my measurements. I started doing Zumba back in January and began tracking my inches as a way for a true measurement of success. While the numbers have slowly been moving down, it hasn't been overly noticeable - to me - although many have commented on "all the weight I'm loosing." I wish my scale showed it!

Since I started tracking back in February I have lost....

  • 1.25 inches in my thighs 
  • 1 inch from my hips
  • 2 inches from my waist
  • 2.5 inches from my chest
  • None from my biceps
I'm not surprised that most of my inches lost are from the waist down - that is the focus of Zumba - core movements. I was beyond thrilled to see this trend! I hadn't measured since July and took most of the summer off from Zumba. I only got back in to a more consistent routine in the last few weeks.

I'm not going to go over each action point today, but if you're curious you can see my action steps on the original post. I have made significant progress on my Bible study time and I'm even getting up earlier than normal to complete it. 

Overall it was a tough week but also a good week. Here's to Week #3!

Head over to Thrice Blessed if you want to see what others are doing for this challenge.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry it took me so long this week to come and comment. Now week 3 is almost over! I'm glad to hear you are doing okay.
    Isn't it amazing the way God uses the little things, like a song, to get our attention?
    I look forward to your week 3 update.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?