::sigh:: I did not want to post an update this week but there is a reason I started this challenge. I needed the accountability and that is what I'm getting - big time. Because I am coming here to say I did almost nothing towards my goals this past week. ::big sigh::
I think it's time to post a reminder of why I decided to do this challenge and post weekly until the end of the year. I may even go out on a limb and tweak my action steps a bit.
My plan is to accomplish this:
I will work on building good healthy habits - ones that will benefit my overall physical health, spiritual health and mental health. By working towards those goals, I will be giving myself the gift of life. I will live out 1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."
My action steps to accomplish that goal are these:
- I will begin each day with a quiet time/Bible study. I did this more often than not this last week. This is actually becoming a good habit for me.
- I will continue to attend Zumba at least three times a week. I only managed Zumba once all week.
- I will be in bed sleeping no later than 11pm each night. Not happening consistently enough. This is still a big sticking point for me and one I need to begin focusing on more.
- I will be done with all computer work no later than 8pm each night. I set myself up for failure with this one. I do need to adjust it - not take it off completely but definitely adjust it.
- I will daily log my calories, exercise, water intake, and weekly weight progress on the My Fitness Pal website. I did not do this at all last week. In fact, I even got a reminder from My Fitness Pal to keep logging. I really struggle with logging my food/exercise. There is a reason I added it though so it stays as well.
- I will post weekly updates throughout the course of the challenge. As much as I did not want to post this update, I am here. And will continue to do so.
- I will increase my water intake so that by the end of the challenge that will be my drink of choice above anything else. Still a struggle
I plan to adjust my action steps at this point just a bit and I am even going to add a few more. My new steps are these:
- I will begin each day with a quiet time/Bible study.
- I will continue to attend Zumba at least three times a week.
- I will be in bed sleeping no later than 11pm each night.
- I will be done with all computer work no later than 9pm each night.
- I will daily log my calories, exercise, water intake, and weekly weight progress on the My Fitness Pal website.
- I will post weekly updates throughout the course of the challenge.
- I will increase my water intake so that by the end of the challenge that will be my drink of choice above anything else.
- I will begin the "No S Diet" immediately and will add (::gulp::) "No soda" to the diet plan.
I know life has been stressful lately. I have the proof of it on my lip right now. I always get cold sores when I'm super stressed. This morning I had one pop out. Life is continuing to go full tilt and I am now constantly looking at my calendar and being conscious of what I have planned and attempting to slow things down a bit.
Thanks to Thrice Blessed for helping to keep me accountable!