Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


1. How do you typically react in a sudden, extreme, pressure-filled crisis?  Would you want you nearby in an emergency?  It really depends. Some times I step up and do what needs to be done and I'm good. Other times I melt into a puddle of goo. So as to whether or not you want me nearby, guess it depends on the day! So be warned!!!

2. Caramel apple-caramel sundae-caramel corn-caramel macchiato...of the four, which carmel treat would you choose?  Hmmmm....probably caramel corn. I love caramel though. Yummmmmm!

3. Is there such a thing as destiny? Explain. In a way yes - I believe that the Lord has already planned out my days, my hours, my minutes. Nothing I do is a surprise for Him. While it is sometimes a surprise for me, it is not for Him. My destiny has already been written - I just need to go live it.

4. What's your favorite piece of furniture? I'm referring to something currently in your possession as opposed to something on your wish list. Well, considering most of what I own is used....I'd have to go with....my bed. We did just get a new captain's bed frame for it a few years ago. The mattress needs replacing but for now - with the help of an egg crate/memory foam topper - it works.

5. Wednesday night marks the start of the 2011 Baseball World Series. Did you know? Do you care? Will you be watching? Ever been to a professional baseball game? If you're not an American do you find the title 'World Series' annoying or amusing? I did not know the World Series started tonight. Well, actually I did but only because I read a couple random comments on Facebook earlier today. Do I care? Not in the least little bit. Will I watch? Nope, I don't get broadcast TV since we cancelled our satellite two years ago. Makes life a bit easier. And yes, I have been to a professional baseball game. I boy I knew in high school once invited me to go see the Red Sox with him and his father and step-mother. His dad had season tickets and let him take a friend every so often. We went down and back in the same day. I slept the whole way home. More recently - as in last summer - we went to a minor league game right here in Maine with friends. That was fun.

6. A sound that takes me back to my childhood is____________. Songs can always transport me. My older sister and I used to sing show tunes while doing the dishes at night. "Hey Big Spender" was a favorite.

7. On average, once you've linked your hodgepodge post to mine how many other participant blogs do you visit? Do you ever come back to the Hodgepodge later in the day or even the day after to read posts? It depends on what time of night I link up. Sometimes I go check it out, but often I read them as they pop up in my Google Reader since some of the blogs I already follow participate. I rarely come back later to read. Sorry!

8. Insert your own random thought here. The sheep are growing on me. Slowly but surely. We now have them all named. I need to get photos of all of them and get that posted here soon. We have six ewes and one ram. Two ewes and one ram came with names. Our ram is named Lewis. The two ewes are Ginger and Pepper. I continued with the "spice" theme and went with Cinnamon (all brown), Vanilla (cream colored), and Sage (brown & white). The last ewe is called Ditto. She is Ginger's daughter and looks so like her that it's hard to tell them apart. The only difference is their ear tag numbers and Ditto is slightly smaller than Ginger. I think Pepper might be having lambs sooner rather than later too so things might be getting very interesting around here very soon! Ahh, life on the farm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?