Sunday, November 6, 2011

{Gratitude Challenge} Day #6




I was going to be serious with my post today until I headed over to Garden of Learning to get the link code for the photo above. That's when I was reminded of what I was most thankful for today....


Daylight Savings Time.

I am not a morning person at all. I thrive once it goes dark and would love to stay up until midnight or later and sleep until nineish each and every day. Unfortunately I can't. Well, let me rephrase that. I do but then I pay for it. I don't sleep until nine but I do typically stay up until midnight or later and get up between 6:30 to 7:30am. Needless to say I am tired all the time.

Lately I've had an even harder time with it with a lot of early mornings right in a row. I was so tired I could barely function. Saturday night I was just simply beat.

I turned all the clocks back and headed to bed at a super early hour - for me that is - 9:30ish.

This morning I needed to be up early so I could do all the barn chores and be to church early for worship team practice. My hubby has been away to hunting camp for the past week (he's home today - but that's another thankful post!) so I didn't change his clock radio on his side of the bed just mine.

When I woke this morning I was facing his side of the bed and noted the time. I inwardly groaned to myself that it was time to get up. Then I rolled over and found myself glancing at my clock.

I kid you not, I literally whispered....."Best morning ever!!!" and promptly went back to sleep for another hour. Ten hours of sleep felt awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?