Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{Gratitude Challenge} Day #8



I am the mom of a teenager. In fact, said teenager is now 15 years old and is vastly taller than me. At the last measurement he was around 5'9" but I'm sure he's taller than that now. In fact, my hubby is six feet tall and we noticed the other day that B15 is really not that much shorter than his dad these days. While B15 hasn't quite reached that height - yet - I recently had to buy him a shoe size that is a 1/2 size larger than his father. I also bought him pants with an inseam two inches longer than his dad as well. So while he's shorter than his father, his legs and feet are bigger! Since he now towers over me, I love it.

I'm very thankful for my firstborn son.


He is the reason I am called "mom." While he can definitely be a typical teenager in some of his actions and behaviors, he has a wonderful heart. He is great with younger children. It's probably helpful that he has two younger brothers he has been helping me with since he was 4-1/2 years old. 

This son of mine was an only child until he was 4-1/2. That is when we welcomed his brother in to this world. I still remember him sweetly singing to his brother - only a day old - when they removed the IV in his arm (due to my diabetes N9's blood sugar took some time to stabilize after birth so the IV was a precaution). And yes, he can annoy his brothers to no end (and me as well) but he's a great kid and I am truly blessed to have him. 

...even when he is being a goof!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?