Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



1.  Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake?  Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers? 

A snake in the wild? Hmmmm...perhaps a year ago. We don't often see many here in Maine and they are typically harmless garden snakes. Although, I did just watch an episode of Bones that featured a python. I am relatively ok around snakes. Given the choice, I would rather handle a snake than a spider any day!!!

2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck.  Do you believe in luck? 

No, I don't believe in luck but rather in God's providence. I may say something about luck,  but honestly I know it's all wrapped up in God's grace.

3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose?  Which of the three have you done most recently?  

If I had to choose, I would go with ice-skating. I don't like the out of control feeling that comes with sledding. What can I say...I'm getting old. I loved it as a kid. 



I like the idea of snowmen but they never turn out the way I imagine. Disappointing for all the work involved.


I haven't skated in years but keep planning to each winter. In fact two years ago I even got an old pair of skates ready to go. Now they just hang there and mock me. Maybe this winter...
4.  Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew."  Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?  

Confidence is the first thing that popped in my head. I spent many childhood days being scared and afraid of what people would think of me. I was very shy and extremely scared of anything new. With time I have realized it doesn't matter. I think having children has helped. I will stand up for them,  my hubby, my friends. I still am not overly fond of new situations but I no longer give that fear control. 

5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?  

Cupcakes! I have a friend who loves them so I have them often. She made Md some amazing delicious ones for my birthday in December....chocolate with peanut butter frosting. She baked a mini peanut butter cup inside and also included one on the top like a mini - cupcake with more frosting on top. So good!!! 




6. What's something you can't say no to?

I know there has to be something....perhaps one more chapter in a good book, the last cookie in the cookie jar, the last bit of chocolate, popcorn with LOTS of butter....a great sale at the bookstore.

7.  Are you a doodler?  

Not really.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  

I have been spending Monday & Wednesday evenings sitting beside a warm indoor pool while my two youngest boys take swim lessons. In fact the bulk of this post was hen-pecked on my Kindle during their lesson. It's a great way to spend frigid February evenings. I just wish there was more parking! The parking lot is small and it's crazy finding a spot. 


3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your answers and visiting your blog.
    Those cupcakes look amazing, I bet they were yummy! They would make wonderful treats for my kids for Valentines Day....hmmmm thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness....chocolate Peanut butter cupcakes, they looked amazing!

    Hanging out by a heated pool gets a vote in my book any day!

    Have a great weekend.
    Blessings
    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look super delicious! Stay warm and dry this weekend...we're waiting on the predicted blizzard to arrive, but I think New England is supposed to get hit even harder.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?