Saturday, November 1, 2014

NaBloPoMo and NaNoWriMo

So what on earth do I mean by all those letters up there that really don't mean anything? Well, the first set stands for "National Blog Post Month" in which one is challenged to post something daily to their month. BlogHer actually runs a blog posting challenge every single month. 

NaBloPoMo November 2014

What's the point you may ask? Well, for me it's to help me get in to a solid habit of posting to my blog. I'm not sure I'll continue with a daily post once November is over, but I'd definitely like to be a bit more consistent.

This is definitely going to be a challenge to me this particular month because, for the second year in a row, I have also signed up for NaNoWriMo or "National Novel Writing Month." 

That means that I have accepted the challenge to write a novel during the month of November that will be at least 50,000 words in length. I'm not sure why I thought adding more writing to my day would be a good idea, but I guess it made sense at the time. 


I've actually been a member of NaNoWriMo (it's free - actually both are) since about 2005 but finally participated fully last year and completed my first novel! I ended it just shy of 50,000 words and I am still in the middle of editing it. Someday I hope to finish that part. I find editing way harder than the actual writing, but I think most writers would agree with that.

I find is hard to even consider myself a writer but I suppose I am just that. I love words. I like putting my thoughts down on paper or screen to share. So I thank all who end up reading what I write, share your thoughts on it - good and bad, and encourage me to continue.

Now I need to stop procrastinating and get back to my novel. I've only written 880 words so far today and I need to be north of 1500 before the day ends. 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on both counts. I'll enjoy following you this month. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?