Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country. Just yesterday. We have friends who are retired military and we had Bible study together last night. Aside from that both of my brothers are retired military and my brother-in-law is in the reserves currently, although not currently deployed thankfully. 

I have sent care boxes to soliders overseas. During the first Gulf War I was in college and oftentimes carloads of students would head to the airport - two hours north - to welcome back troops. I had evening classes and I was never able to go. I so wished I had skipped classes to go just once. 

2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose? I think, given the time of year, I would want to donate 50 pounds of food to either a local food bank or to some families in need.

3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest? I'm guessing it was for my brother-in-law's wedding last fall. I think. I honestly can't remember. We obviously did attend that one. As for RSVP-ing...I always want to be an "early responder" but I tend to be "where-on-earth-did-I-put-that" responder. 

4. What's something you really don't like to waste? Time. That's one of my biggest pet peeves actually. 

5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom? I'm going to have to go with Friends. I think that's one of the only ones I actually watched all the way through. 

6. What decision are you glad you made? To marry my hubby. Best decision ever. 

7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for? Gosh, this ones is hard. I really can't think of anything. I'm sure there is something but it's just not popping in my head at the moment. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.


This photo is of my Great-Uncle Walter. I never met him in person, but I grew up hearing stories about him. He fought in World War II and was shot down and died. He was buried in Belgium. He was my grandmother's brother. I'm so glad I have photos and stories of him to share with my boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?