Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Walk Through the Woods

My sister came up for a visit today. We are both working on getting in shape, loosing weight, and all that sort of stuff. Since I live on 100+ acres with all kinds of nice logging roads through it, we decided to take the boys on a walk through the woods to see what we could see.

The first thing we saw was a small garden snake. A bit further up the path, we came across a larger one. My sister (hats off to her on this one!) offered to catch it for the boys so they could all touch it. Apparently she did this a lot as a kid. I was five years younger & have no knowledge of this &, while I don't mind snakes per se, I'm not about to willing grab one by its tail. I know, sad isn't it, but I do have my limits!



I have three boys & my sister has one. They are all close in age. My middle son turned six in April & my nephew turned five in February. They generally enjoy each other's company & have a lot in common - most notable trains. ::grin:: It sometimes makes for interesting arguments though when we have the six year old, five year old, & three and a half year old all together. We try to get together weekly.

I have to share this sequence of photos. We're simply trying to get a nice photo of the three of them together.....

Attempt #1......

Attempt #2

Attempt #3 - success!!!!



This hollowed out tree stump was up back somewhere. The kids were all small enough to get inside so we had them try for a photo op - I think they had fun! The top part of the tree had fallen down & it was HUGE. They all took turns walking on it.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Way to go Beth. It is always nice to have someone who is willing to handle the less desirable creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES! I wouldn't grab the snake either (LOL).

    As soon as school is out I plan to concentrate on scrapbooking and getting in a nice long walk everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?