Sunday, September 7, 2008

My First Baby

This is one of those cute meme's that go around via e-mail. I thought I'd just post my answers here. Consider yourself tagged if you are reading it. ;-)

1. Were you married at the time? Yes - celebrated year #3 just about a month before our baby made his appearance.

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant?
Pretty psyched actually - although a bit apprehensive as well. We had just moved two hours south to a city where we didn't have any friends or family in or nearby. We had both just started new jobs. But we were thrilled to be having our first baby.

3. How did you find out you were pregnant? We were walking in Wal-Mart getting stuff for our apartment when I realized I had missed my "little monthly friend." We had been so busy moving it hadn't registered until then. Bought a home pregnancy test right there & then, took it the next am & it was positive - made an appointment with my doc who confirmed - we were pregnant!

4. Who did you tell first? My hubby of course. ;-)

5 . Did you want to find out the sex? Nope. I wanted to be surprised. But I was pretty sure - like 95% sure - that we were having a boy.

6. Due date? August 10, 1996

7. Did you deliver early or late? Oh - late - so very, very late.....(17 days late)

8. Did you have morning sickness? Don't hate me anyone - I have no sickness. Zero. Zip. Nada. Nothing. I feel fine. Sorry! :-)

9. What did you crave? Cheddar cheese flavored stuff (Doritos, Goldfish) & grape soda & yes, sometimes together. ::shudder::

10. Who irritated you the most? I don't remember being irritated, but I'm sure hubby can enlighten me to that one.

11. What was your first child's sex? boy

12. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 50

13. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No, not during the pregnancy.

14. Where did you give birth? In a hospital in a large city - sorry - not sharing any specifics here. ;-)

15. How many hours were you in labor? ::disclaimer:: You may not want to read this if you are pregnant with your first child. Don't say I didn't warn you!!

As I mentioned above, my first baby was 17 days "late." The doctor had promised to put me in the hospital after my next appointment (13 days late) if I hadn't had the baby yet. He messed up & couldn't schedule me to I opted to wait until Monday when he was on call. We show up at 5:30 - as he told us to - only to have the staff tell us no one can do anything for us until 8am. ::grrrr: They start me on some drugs to induce labor. At 5pm that day they send me HOME because NOTHING is happening. I'm ready to do my own c-section at this point. We show up on Tuesday at 8am (a much nicer hour) and they try some different drugs. At 4 pm I'm FINALLY feeling some contractions.

So technically I was in "labor" 2 days - but once I finally felt my contractions - the he showed up in just six.

16. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband

17. Who watched? My husband, the nurses & the doc. Although, I hear tell my MIL & SIL were waiting outside the door. ;-)

18. Was it natural or c-section? natural

19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I SO wanted to - I even asked! At that point they told me I was 10 cm & I could push. I distinctly remember telling the doctor 'no, I don't want to!' LOL

20. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 11 ozs (I think - so bad - hmmm - it was definitely 8 lbs something)

21. Did your child have any complications? No, but once while I was pushing his heart rate did decrease dramatically. I pushed for 2 hours & they actually had an OB coming in to the room to use forceps (I had a family doc) when he finally made his entrance to the world.

22. What did you name him/her? Sorry - not sharing - but his initials are BAB.

23. How old is your first born today? He just turned 12 a couple weeks ago

24. Who does your child look like? Just like his Daddy. I just noticed they have the same chin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?