Saturday, October 18, 2008

Great Parenting Advice

A few years ago I stumbled on a website which at the time was called something about "behind the woodshed" & she talked about "tomato staking" your children? Huh? I really wasn't sure I wanted to read a lot on there, but her introduction intrigued me. You see, she started out not wanting a large family. She wasn't sure she really liked children all that much to want a passel of them. I could relate. However, she hit on a way of training them (which she called tomato staking) & it worked! The one rule she had...so very simple yet so hard at times...you must obey the first time. That's it. Obey. It's even biblical.

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Ephesians 6:1
"Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord." Colossians 3:20

A few weeks ago I found her website again (I've had a few computer crashes since I first found it). I was pleasantly surprised to see that she has taken all that great advice & put it in to a book. You can buy it directly off her website or on Amazon even. You can even just read it on the website.

Raising Godly Tomatoes is the name of the website. I highly recommend it no matter the age of your child. Check it out.


Disclaimer:
I make no money off of this post. I am not an affiliate. I just love the advice she gives. After all, she's a mom of ten. Her oldest is 27. She knows her stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?