This week, you guessed it, is going to be about having a thankful heart! Yes, of course, we should always be thankful for everything we’re blessed with, but it’s not too often we actually sit and ponder what. This week please join me in writing 27 things you’re thankful (There’s got to be at least 27things!). I picked 27 because this year Thanksgiving is on the 27th of November. Also, share a Scripture verse for this week!
While I've been doing this all month, I'm still going to "play today" so here are my 27 things I'm thankful for...
- For my parents in trusting their lives to God when they were in their 30s & had five children. For raising me in the church & allowing me the chance to learn about God.
- For Jesus saving me at age 8 & keeping after me all those years until I came all the way back to him 16 years ago.
- For my hubby who loves me all the time, no matter how cranky & nasty I am to him. He loves me just the way I am & far more than I deserve. For how hard he works so that I can be a homeschooling SAHM to our boys.
- For my children – all three boys. God certainly knew what he was doing when he gave me rough & tumble boys!
- For my sister, Beth. She’s just an awesome sister & friend.
- For my in-laws who are always supportive.
- For the freedom & ability to openly homeschool my children without fear of reprisal.
- For the freedom to worship god openly without fear. We are so very blessed in this country.
- For my DSL connection. So nice!
- For the Internet in general. It is literally my lifeline to the world & what has kept me sane the last seven years I’ve been a SAHM.
- For my church.
- For my LTG partner. Julie – you are awesome.
- For my weekly Bible study. We had a potluck tonight & it was wonderful to be able to sit around & chat & have some great fellowship together.
- For a day with family tomorrow.
- For Diet Mt. Dew – my drink of choice. Okay, okay, okay, I’m addicted. I admit it!!! ;-)
- For supportive friends – who know what to say, when to say it, and how to just be there to listen.
- For my crocs. Oh how I love my crocs – winter & summer – my favorite shoe to wear.
- For my comfy cardigan sweater that keeps me warm when I’m home.
- For a roof over my head – a safe roof, a comfy roof. It may not be the roof I want for the long term, but it’s great for what we need now.
- For almost being debt-free!!! One more year & we’ll have ZERO debt! It only took us 15 years of marriage to figure this financial thing out. LOL
- For the ability to move back to the family homestead to live.
- For chocolate. So yummy!
- For my mom’s oatmeal rolls. Even yummier than chocolate – trust me.
- For my MOPS group at church. A lifeline for moms with young ones. So thankful for those moms who decided to start one last year.
- For the AWANA program at church – for planting the word of God in young minds where it will last a lifetime.
- For the start of the Advent season on Sunday – a great time to reflect on what the Christmas season is truly about.
- For life.
And my scripture...
Psalm 100:4 (NIV)
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.