Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm Thankful For...

...this child.

My first born son. He's now twelve. He's mere inches away from being taller than I am. I am so thankful I have him in my life. He's going through a season where he is asking for hugs a lot during the day. I make sure to give them whenever he comes up to me with his arms opened wide and says, "Hug!" It's never a question with him. He knows he'll get one. If I'm lucky, I can sneak in a kiss on his forehead too. Because as any 12 year old boy will tell you (or seven year old for that matter), kisses are YUCKY! I'm thankful for B & for his willingness to help me with chores and siblings and toddlers during the day - usually without too much fuss. I'm thankful for him.

2 comments:

  1. What a handsome young man!!!!!! He sounds a lot like my oldest! What would we do without our little men?
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Hunter will still let me hug him and kiss him, but I know that is quickly coming to an end. :(
    They grow up way to fast.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?