Friday, February 19, 2010

Status Updates

As I mentioned earlier - I gave up Facebook for Lent. I wasn't sure how much I would miss it. I have found myself composing status updates in my head though. Here is some of what I would have posted this week, if I were posting on Facebook.

  • We were suppose to get 2-4 inches of snow. Guess how much we got? NONE! This weather is so weird.
  • It's 40 degrees out today. What's up with that? Not that I'm complaining. I'm totally fine with spring coming early.
  • Amazing FREE homeschool resource! Head of the Class is a complete & free curriculum for grades K-2 (with plans to go up to grade 8!). Starting J6 today. He loves it!
  • Saw this on another blog today - Educators Outlet - be sure to check their 80% off items. Just bought 14 items (mostly games) for $20 plus shipping. Seriously.
  • Best video I've seen in a long time that explains one major reason I homeschool. The Children of Caesar. 
  • My "baby" is doing his first teen thing tonight. Going to Super Friday with the youth group. Arming him with my cell phone. Pray he has a good time.
  • My MIL is having a Stampin' Up party tomorrow. Anyone want to order?
There. I think I'm all set for now. I am finding I'm getting more done. I'm sure the desire will fade as time goes on. Hopefully.


1 comment:

  1. I love the fun of visiting a blog, savoring the background and the side bars and colors...just not the same on FB. . . though I'm on FB now.

    I'll have to check out some of those links. The game one sounds promising.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?