Sunday, November 14, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - November 14



Today I am thankful for music. I know. A bit odd perhaps. I love music. I think I was singing (badly at the time) from a young age. I remember sitting in my aunt's study when I was a little girl. I was probably 6 or 7 years old. I had a big pair of headphones on and the Annie soundtrack blasting through the 8-track player. I sang along and loudly and off-key until one of my siblings would tell me to knock it off. It was either that or Barry Manilow...but I digress.

Music touches my soul. It speaks to me in ways that other things can't. It calms me when I'm upset. It lifts me up. I can feel God speaking to me through music and lyrics.

And tonight I get to spend a fabulous evening with a friend and these guys.....


I promise to share photos later in the week.

3 comments:

  1. Hooray!!!! My grandfather used to make me sing and then holler at me when I lost the tune. hahahahaha ... great memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song! Loved listening to it. Singing is such a wonderful thing - I love it myself, but I'm pretty awful at it! But I'll belt out a tune or two when I feel like it, neighbors be darned. Look forward to your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I am a Certified Music Practitioner (CMP) who plays live music at the bedside of those who are ill or dying. We were taught that hearing is the last of the senses to go, so even when someone is dying, in a coma, or whatever the situation, the music will comfort and calm them. I have so enjoyed this ministry. The research shows the healing power of music. Thank you for recognizing this amazing gift God has given us.

    Wilma in WV

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?