Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2010 Gratitude Challenge - November 9



Today I am thankful for my home. While it may not be perfect, it is ours. While we've never really ended up where I had thought we would, it's home.


Six years ago we moved back to hubby's hometown. In fact, we live on the same 90+ acres as his parents and grandfather. We share a driveway and a mailbox. Considering my hubby is the 3rd it can get very confusing come mail time.

Before we moved we discussed various options for housing. One was to build a house and wait. Another was to build a garage and live in that while we built a house. Both those options would have us living with my in-laws for quite a while though. And while I do love them, I didn't want to live with them for a long time. Our last option - and the one we went with - was to buy a used trailer big enough for our needs and live in that while we paid off some debt and then built a house.

I thought we would be in a house by now but we're not. We're still in that trailer and very quickly outgrowing it. However, we are planning to add an addition to it next year to give us a bit more wiggle room.

While I never thought I'd still be in our trailer after six years, I am very thankful that we live in a warm and comfortable home that is paid for!


2 comments:

  1. And this is a lot to be thankful for. Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to have a home which is paid for :) Not many can say that these days!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?