1. What is something about living in this country that you value?'This country' is whatever country you call home.
Freedom. I love that we have freedom here. I don't have to worry about being arrested for driving (like a woman in Saudi Arabia). I can go to church publicly and worship God without fear of persecution. Freedom. That is what I value most.
2. What is a favorite something you own that is red, white, and/or blue?
I don't really have anything that I can think of off the top of my head in one of those colors (or all three) that is a fave. I do have a pair of silver earrings with blue stones in them that were my mom's so those are a favorite of mine.
3. Do you fly a flag at your house on patriotic holidays?
Unfortunately, no. I would love to a flag pole in order to fly a flag all the time. Hopefully some day.
4. What ingredients do you think should be included in a great picnic basket?
Anything I didn't have to make!
5. What is one interesting piece of trivia you know? Interesting is of course a relative term.
Um....well....let's see. You said interesting right? Hmmmmm.........I've got nothing. Of course, as soon as I hit "publish post" I'm sure I'll come up with all kinds of things. Okay, wait, I thought of something...
Giraffes need super strong hearts to pump blood up to their heads given their long necks. However, if they drop their head to drink, the rush of blood from their head would kill them. However, they have "spigots" in their necks that shut down this blood flow and save their lives - every time they drink. They also have "sponges" in their brain that absorb blood the entire time they are drinking. When they lift their head, instead of passing out cold from mad rush of blood from their brain, they are fine as the blood slowly is absorbed back in to the system. (One of God's creatures that defies evolution.)
6. Wednesday, May 24th is National Escargot day...have you ever tried them? Eww or ooh?
No and I'm not sure I ever would. Ewwwwwwwww big time!
7. What is one thing you know for sure?
When I die I will go to heaven. I have a lasting relationship with the one true God and I can't wait to spend eternity in His presence.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The sun is finally planning to make more than a five minute appearance here in the great state of Maine this week. Hopefully we can cut the jungle (aka our front lawn) and get our gardens ready for planting.