Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. It is officially fall here in North America...I realize not everyone who participates in the Hodgepodge lives in North America but if you do, what's your favorite memory of Summer 2011? If you'renot in North America, what's your favorite memory of the season just ending on your side of the world?  Favorite memory? Hmmmmm....I think it's probably the night my hubby came home from work and he started vacation. He would be home with us for the next few days. We were suppose to head to camp but had to change it at the last minute. The boys were a bit disappointed (although I was not) so I bought some silly string and had them ambush their father. I did give him a can too and a heads up and then they had at it. FUNNY!



2. Your favorite nut? You know I mean the edible kind, right? Well, since I had to pick edible, I'll go with cashew. I could eat a whole can by myself easily. So yummy!

3. What activity puts your sense of balance to the test? Anything that requires me to spin around. In fact, sadly enough, there are a few moves we do during my Zumba classes that require quick turns. I have to skip them or I go staggering off to the side. I can do ones where I can spot the wall but sometimes I have to skip those too. I have an inner ear issue dating back to college when I had a viral infection. I was so dizzy then I had to lay flat and not move for about 12 hours. It was awful. Thankfully it cleared up quickly but ever since I can't do anything where I spin - at all.

4. How would you describe your sense of humor? Sarcastic. Oh wait, is that humor? I try to see the funny in everything although my sense of funny & what my hubby & boys think is funny vary greatly.

5. September 28th is National Ask a Stupid Question Day...what's your stupid question? Why on earth do we need a "National Ask a Stupid Question Day" when we were told all through school that there IS no stupid question?

6. Roller skates~hula hoop~jump rope...which activity would you most enjoy? Yes, you have to choose. All of the above? Given a chance, roller skating and I pray it's like riding a bicycle since it's been ::cough, cough, cough:: at least 20 years since I've been on a pair! Hula hoop - yes, as long as no one is watching. Jump rope, yes, but you may need to revive me!

7. What's your most sentimental possession? It's a piece of wood that sits on my bookcase with my name carved in to it. The back still looks like the original piece of wood. When we were poor, starving college students, my hubby (yes, he was my hubby then) made it for me for my birthday. I even still have the card he gave me that went with it - it's written on birch bark. And if my hubby wasn't conked out on the couch right now after a long day at work, I'd take a photo to share. Alas, I don't want to wake the poor dear so I'll have to do that another time.

8. Insert your own random thought here.  Life is going far too fast lately. Faster than normal. I can't wait for winter to arrive as I feel the need to hibernate - badly!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome entry!! Are the leaves changing a lot around the Madison area? Not too many vibrant reds here in Guilford, it seems like most of the leaves are sort of washed out and paler this year...

    P.S. I'm doing a scrapbooking software giveaway on my blog this week!! http:godscountrygal.blogspot.com
    Good luck if you enter!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?