Tuesday, October 18, 2011

{Review} The Mighty Macs



I love an underdog story, don't you? As a former basketball player I was thrilled to be given the chance to watch a special preview of a brand new movie hitting the theaters this coming Friday - The Might Macs

The Might Macs is a great story that your family can enjoy. It showcases women's basketball in the early 1970s. Prior to 1971 women only played half-court basketball as it was thought that full-court play would be too strenuous. The Might Macs shows how far women's basketball has come in the ensuing 40 years.

Cathy Rush is a first-time coach at tiny Immaculata College in Philadelphia. It is a small school for women only run by nuns. They school is struggling and is danger of being closed. 

Cathy shows up as a first-time coach to work with the women's basketball team. While she starts out with high numbers, many soon quit and she's left with a rag tag team who doesn't believe in itself let alone their ability to win a game. She not only teaches them how to play basketball but she teaches them to believe in themselves.

Check out the preview:



I loved this movie. I was able to watch it this weekend when I was home alone (a very rare occurrence). I really loved the fact that this is based on a true story. It made it that much better.

The Might Macs opens in theaters this coming Friday, October 21st.  I highly recommend going to see it.

Connect with the movie via their Facebook page, Twitter, and their website.



Disclaimer: I was provided with a link to view the movie online for free. All opinions are my own. No other compensation was given.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?