1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'? I make a lot of pumpkin bread this time of year. That usually goes through the Christmas season though so not just fall. I also love to go for walks this time of year. The weather is cool. No bugs. Beautiful scenery. So nice.
And I am a full blooded Yankee. Occasionally a y'all comes out, but rarely and I'm sure anyone from the south would look at me very strangely if they heard me!
2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved? I honestly can't remember.
3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title? Heaven Fall Down by Phil Wickham
5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way? That is an interesting question. I try very hard to not have high expectations for most things. I find that helps me be pleasantly surprised more often than not.
6. Describe a time you said or thought, 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Pretty much every time I look at my boys. In fact, just today while on a field trip, my sister and I were talking and she commented that my middle son is a lot like me as he heads through puberty. Sadly, she was very correct. Quick to be offended and upset. Thankfully he's also very quick to forgive and forget. I love that about boys.
7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not? Yes. I had more sleep last night. I've started getting up early in the morning twice a week (working on three times a week) so that I can go to the 5:30 classes at the local gym. Due to some evening commitments I can't make my usual Zumba workouts at night. However, I'm still finding it hard to shut things down at night and head to bed at a reasonable hour. Yesterday I was up at 4:45 to go to the gym and had a very busy day of shuttling kids from one activity to another. I also had our small group Bible study last night which meant I didn't get home until almost 9pm. Add to that some things I needed to get down before bed and I wasn't ready for sleep until almost 11. I had hoped to get up this morning to go to the gym, but opted instead to reset my alarm for 7am. Those extra two hours helped immensely.
8. Insert your own random thought here. In the last few weeks I've realized my schedule is just crazy busy this fall. I participate in online Bible studies hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries. Our new one kicked off on Monday and it talks about giving our "best yes" - making sure we give God our best time each and every day. I like these studies because you can do that at home at your own pace. I'm praying that I get a lot out of this study and find a way to free up some more time in my life!