Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall Reading Challenge

I love reading. I always have. As far back as I can remember, I was reading books. I still spend plenty of time every single day reading. Maybe not as much as I would like some days, but always every day.

For me the reading challenges are a good way of keeping a list of books on hand to read. In actuality all but one book is in my home right now. Some are library books, some are borrowed & some have been on my shelves far too long so they earned a spot in this go-round.

If you'd like to check the official rules, please go check out Callapidder Days. The challenge goes live on the 23rd - the first day of Fall. You have plenty of time to get your books together.

My list is rather long this time. I even decided to take a photo - make sure you scroll all the way down past my list. You'll see what I mean about a BIG list.

I'll be marking the books I'm currently reading in read. They will be marked off when I finish them. Review links will be provided at the end of each if I post a review.

In no particular order....

Fiction

  • Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowlings
  • Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowlings
  • Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowlings
  • Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowlings
  • Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowlings Review
  • 4th of July by James Patterson with Andrew Gross
  • The 5th Horseman by James Patterson with Andrew Gross
  • The 6th Target by James Patterson with Andrew Gross
  • The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Decked Out by Neta Jackson
  • Sweet Boundless by Kristen Heitzmann
  • The Tender Vine by Kristen Hietzmann
  • Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson
  • The Negotiator by Dee Henderson Review
  • The Guardian by Dee Henderson
  • The Truth Seeker by Dee Henderson
  • The Quickie by James Patterson (I know, I know, my sister highly recommended it.)
  • Dawn of Empire by Sam Barone
Non-Fiction
  • Beyond Survival by Diana Waring
  • Protecting Your Child Through Prayer by Karen Scalf Linamen
  • Raising Kids to Love Jesus by H. Norman Wright & Gary J. Oliver
  • For the Children's Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
  • Boyhood and Beyond by Bob Schultz (read aloud with my boys)
  • To Train Up a Child by Michael & Debbie Pearl
  • Shepherding a Child's Heart by Ted Tripp
  • Love & Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs

Extra Credit (like I didn't have enough on my list right?)

  • The Protector by Dee Henderson
  • The Healer by Dee Henderson
  • The Rescuer by Dee Henderson
  • Courting Trouble by Lisa Scottoline
  • Dirty Blonde by Lisa Scottoline
  • Summer by Karen Kingsbury
  • Financial Peace by Dave Ramsey
  • Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick Review
  • God's Gift by Dee Henderson
  • Pretense by Lori Wick
  • True Devotion by Dee Henderson
  • True Valor by Dee Henderson

6 comments:

  1. Lisa, that is an ambitious stack of books! I don't usually plan my books out that well--it's hit or miss, depending on what I check out from the library and then what I can read before it's due, lol. I love that you used a ruler to measure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That's one tall order! Mine is an ongoing list. I hope none of the challenge owners care. I just keeping a running list of books for the year and challenges all in one post. I better hurry up and upload the fall reading challenge if it starts tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to see Deb - I'm jealous. I'm still thinking I WANT to do the fall challenge but my life is so challenging now...I need a challenge to read my teacher's notes every week....maybe that could be my goal. LOL Still thinking. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, I love the picture! A picture of a big stack of books just makes my day. :) Your list of books sounds great, too -- not to mention, fairly ambitious. Thanks for being part of the challenge -- enjoy all that reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great stack of books! I enjoy the Women's Murder Club series by Patterson. My daughter is just finishing up with the O'Malley series by Dee Hendersen. I have yet to take the Harry plunge, my boys tell me I must do so soon! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a HUGE list but I love to read too . . I just wish I had more time for it! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?