Friday, December 21, 2007

Fall Reading Challenge - Almost Done!

I began the Fall Reading Challenge thinking I had picked out WAY too many books to read. I never dreamed I would add so many "extra credit" titles to my list. Once again I struggled to get through my non-fiction pile. There are still many there I just didn't get to. I did pass along the Boyhood and Beyond book to my hubby to read through with our boys instead so I guess I should have just taken that one right off the list.

I was never able to get my hands on the newest Yada Yada book. Now that it's been out for a while I can probably get it through the library. I think there were about 12 holds or some such thing on it. Hmmm, I should look in to that!

I did discover that I really, really, REALLY like reading Dee Henderson & Lori Wick. I am a huge fan of the Karen Kingsbury "Baxter" series of books (the Redemption, Firstborn, & Sunrise series). I think I may have found one I like better. It is the "O'Malley Family" series. I did a review of some of the books this time around once I finished the first two. I would definitely read these again. I have been able to read a lot more of her books through our church library.

Another new favorite was called Pretense by Lori Wick. This is another book I discovered at the church library. I almost didn't finish it. I was about 2-3 chapters in to thinking it was nothing like her usual books & maybe I didn't need to spend the time reading it. However, I was talking about it at Awana one night & the other two ladies there really encouraged me to continue. They said it was their all time favorite of hers. Well, I kept going & I would have to agree. It was a really great book!

Again, I loved doing the reading challenge. It was a ton of fun & it helps me not have to think about what to read next. If I could only manage to get through those non-fiction books. Well, maybe next time!

1 comment:

  1. I never did do a challenge summary. I also had way too many books on my list (LOL), but my list is a school list for the year so I'm not worried about trying to finish them for any one particular reading challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?