Sunday, May 17, 2009

Book Review: The Duggars: 20 & Counting!


This was a last minute addition to my Spring Reading Thing 2009 list. I had some gift certificates for Amazon & decided to add this to my list. I received it Friday. I finished it this morning. I have never ever read a non-fiction book that fast. Ever.

I'm already a fan of the shows that are on the Discovery Health Channel & The Learning Channel. I've followed them for the last few years & really enjoyed watching how a large (extra-large?) family lives and interacts. This book expands on what the shows have shared.

They share how they make it with no debt, how they organize everything, how they manage all those children plus their homeschooling, cooking, etc. 

I really enjoyed the book. It was a very easy read (obviously) but it was engaging all the same. It felt like I was be given the "behind-the-scenes" look in to their lives & I liked that. It answered some of the questions I had about how they manage to "do it all."

3 comments:

  1. I soooooo want to read this book :) I admire the family a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite shows as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to loo for this one. They're a cool family.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?