Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Book Review: A House of Bottles


Many of you have met Miss H here through my blog. This is her mom. By day she's a high school English teacher in a nearby town. During the summer & whenever else she can fit it in, she's a freelance writer. One of her newest projects is her book of poetry that just came out called A House of Bottles.

It's not a large volume but many of the poems in there packed a punch. Some were serious. Some were funny. Some made me cry (really!) & some made me laugh out loud.

One of my favorites is entitled "Blood Speak" & is a short poem about what our blood "says" about us when its tested. Kind of a scary thought isn't it? Another is called "Lipstick." Oh, my! That one is funny. Oh & Robin, I am way below average. ;-)

You can check out Robin's website by clicking HERE or read her blog HERE.

1 comment:

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?