It's been an okay week. I will make a confession here and now though....I had the equivalent of one 20oz. bottle of Diet Mt. Dew this week. My choice. I am back to tea and water and "Fuze" drinks and "Vitamin Water." It did make me realize how easy it would be to just go back to it.
For those that think this isn't a huge deal so why do I keep dwelling on it, let me explain.
I have an addictive personality. This is something that has shown itself to be true in my family time and time again and it has manifested itself in certain ways with me. While I have never smoke or drank - it's probably a good thing - since I can forsee it becoming an issue.
Even though it's been two and a half weeks since I gave up DMD, I still crave it each day. Each day it's a choice to not drink one. This week I gave in twice. Once I shared one with my hubby and today I bought one and drank 3/4 of it.
So on to an update on my goals....
- Increase water - 3-4 water bottles daily (they hold about 16 oz) - almost but not quite. I'm getting better with this.
- Bed by 11pm five out of seven nights. Nope. Not even close. I really need to step it up here.
- Exercise 20-30 mins 4-5 days a week. Log 10 miles worth of exercise weekly. Again - no. I did manage to do the equivalent of 8 miles worth though. Close. This include cleaning Grandma's house (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping & dusting), fixing my chicken yard fence (an hour of hauling large rocks and tree limbs to fix holes), and lastly detailing my truck (cleaning and vacuuming the inside of a Suburban is hard work).
- Eat a salad 2-3 days out of the week. None this week. I need to work on getting more fruits and veggies in.
- Visit 20 "Hot" blogs this coming week and leave comments to encourage. Sorry - I don't think I managed many this week.
This week's goals:
- Continue drinking tea and water (and the occasional "Fuse" or "Vitamin Water").
- Bed by 11pm five out of seven nights.
- Exercise 20-30 mins 4-5 days a week. Log 10 miles worth of exercise weekly.
- Increase my fruits & veggies (3 servings/day)
- Visit 20 "Hot" blogs this coming week and leave comments to encourage.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Here's to another Great Day!