Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Wednesday Hodgepodge

(Click the graphic to head over and join up!)

I decided to give a new meme a try today. Okay, in all honesty, I'm trying to post every day this month. Yesterday I had a hard time coming up with anything. Of course, I realized I hadn't posted just minutes before heading to bed. Then today I knew I only had a moment to get something up and thankfully I saw this really cool meme on a few blogs in my blog reader. All that to say, I like this one and hopefully will be able to do it every week - memory willing.

1. Your favorite chocolate treat? I have to pick one? Really? I love chocolate. As in I could eat it constantly! No, I don't eat it constantly, but I could. Just saying. If it's processed (yeah, I know I'm working on it) then it's Peanut Butter Cups. If it's homemade....whoopie pies come to mind. Although, I really wish the Maine Legislature would decide once and for all soon if this is our "official Maine dessert" or not. I can't believe how much time, energy, and money has gone in to this debate. Sheesh! And I just realized I know the sponsor the bill. I must say I really don't have an opinion either way - I just think it needs to be settled so more important things can be discussed such as extending the school year....by two days! Needless to say I don't think the legislature is spending all that much time on quality issues lately. 


2. What more than anything else makes you feel loved? I love spending time with people and talking. I may be an introvert, but when my hubby sits down and just listens to what I'm saying - that goes a long way towards the "marriage bank" points.


3. Cherries or blueberries? Blueberries. I love blueberries. I do like cherries but mostly maraschino cherries so I don't think those count. One of my favorite things to do in August is head to the blueberry barrens and rack berries. I haven't done that in a few years but I have some good memories of doing that with the boys in the last few years. In fact, here is a photo of J7 when he was about three. This was the first time we had ever raked our own berries. He ate a bunch that day!



Cute side story. Just a few days later I was chopping up black olives to put on pizza when J7 came in to the kitchen and insisted they were "berries!" and wanted one. I tried to explain they were different but he wasn't buying it so I gave him one. He didn't like them that day (oh the face!) but he did eventually decide black olives were pretty yummy.

4. What is the one trait you most want the leader of your country to posses? That's a tough one not because I can't think of one but I think there are so many! I want a leader with high morals and godliness and  integrity and compassion - to name a few. I suppose if I had to pick one I would say an unwavering faith in God. That would lead to all the others I think are so important.

5. Are you a saver or a spender? Sadly a spender. It makes it tough at times. Although, my hubby & I have been working to get our debt paid off and the end is in sight - which is so nice.

6. If you gave a party for all of your friends would they already know each other? Local friends - most likely. I'm still amazed from time to time to see the same circle of friends on Facebook who know each other. It always makes me wonder..."How do they know each other?" If I included internet friends (of which I have a few), then no. Most would not know each other. 

7. Are you interested in antiques? Yes and no. I'm interested in antiques that have something to do with my family history but not so much random old stuff. I'm very interested in the stories behind antiques but not obtaining a lot of random old pieces.

8. Insert your own random thought here. I am very proud of my middle son today. He is probably the most like his father and like me. Physically (and I'm talking physical health not build) he is most like me. He has a small mouth with crooked teeth. He's had a T&A. He's sick a lot. But mentally he's like his dad. He constantly asks "How does that work?" Today he had a dentist appointment. He really needs to see an orthodontist for work but we've not been able to do that quite yet. He lost a baby tooth early this week. It had been "hanging on by a thread" for months. It was being pushed out by two adult teeth. Today he had a baby tooth on the bottom that was again "hanging on by a thread" with the adult tooth behind it already erupted. I called them his "shark teeth." While the hygienist encouraged him to just keep wiggling it with his tongue (something he doesn't normally do) she did have him hold a Q-tip with OraGel on it while she went to get the dentist. Sure enough, the dentist "helped" that tooth out. N9 was not happy about this at all but he did not fight the dentist, didn't bite him, and did very well. I think the "Tooth Fairy" is going to pay a bit extra for this tooth. 


4 comments:

  1. I figured you for blueberries when I saw your header : ) If I lived in Maine I'd say blueberries too!

    Glad you joined in the fun today-I enjoyed reading your answers. I hope the Tooth Fairy is prompt. When she visited our house she often didn't turn up until the middle of the night when she'd sit bolt upright in her bed and scramble for the loot : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoopie Pies! Ever been to that Whoopie Pie festival? I haven't...And blueberries! We rake them on my sister's SO's land. I have 10 or so more quarts still in the freezer from last summer!

    Thanks for stopping by to see our nature studies! When we do these I only have the kids do a math lesson and some Language Arts. Our nature study (this time of year) is only taking about an hour, including time spent outside.

    Jessy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm stopping by from Hogdepodge. I, too, thought your answer would be blueberries after seeing your header!

    I see from your sidebar that you live near your hubby's family. It's so nice to meet someone else whose entire family all lives within walking distance of each other!

    We raised our children on a small corner of the family farm. All 3 are grown up, and 2 are married, and all still live on the family farm in their own homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started joining in with this linky up too. It's a fun one, isn't it!

    Would you believe I have never had a whoopie pie! I am going to have to try one soon.

    ReplyDelete

Oh thank goodness! I'm not here all alone. Thanks for leaving me a comment. It helps that I'm not always talking to myself. Right? Hello?