1. National Read a Road Map Day falls on April 5th. Would people say you have a good sense of direction? Do you rely on a GPS when you drive somewhere new? When was the last time you used a map?
I think I have a pretty good sense of direction. Once I have driven to someplace once (especially locally), I can typically find it again without written directions. I don't own a GPS so I do still use maps or printed directions from Google Earth or the like. However, I'm going on vacation soon and plan to borrow my MIL's GPS just to help out a bit! I sometimes have more trouble following directions using the GPS than I do with a map!
2. What's your favorite cookbook?
A paperback copy of Betty Crocker. I use it time and time again.
3. What painting would you like to "walk into" and experience? Why?
Wow! Interesting question. I'm not sure. I think this one....
I can just picture myself wandering through Monet's garden probably snapping photos and then just stopping in the middle of the bridge. To gaze. To think. To enjoy. It speaks peace to me.
4. What annoys you more- misspellings or mispronunciations?
Probably misspellings unless it's a common word. Then it's mispronunciations. I'm hard to please obviously.
5. What is something your mother or father considered important?
Hard work and doing your best.
6. Do you like or dislike schedules?
Dislike but I find them very necessary.
7. Let's have some fun with National Poetry Month (that would be April)...write your own ending to this poem-
"Roses are Red
Violets are blue..."
I'm not a very good poet,
what about you?
Incidentally if you'd like to read the history behind that little ditty you'll find it here.
8. Insert your own random thought in this space.
Winter is holding on tight here in Maine. I'm trying to be patient. Really I am. Last Friday we had over a foot of new (very wet) snow fall and a few more inches here and there since then. Today it's bright and sunny and in the low 40s. I know spring is coming, but it's certainly not arriving fast enough to suit me. I'm just hoping it sticks around longer than normal to make up for its late arrival!
If you'd like to join the randomness of Wednesday Hodgepodge, head over to From This Side of the Pond to link up.